Monday, February 01, 2010

Grammy Awards Time




With the 2010 Grammy Awards now officially over, speculation as to how they can draw the same ratings have begun. There was a huge 35% increase in numbers from 2009. The fashion was extravagant as usual, (Ciara wore over $250,000 in Cartier jewelry). Pink awed the crowds, she was incredible and soulful. And Beyonce proved herself as the Queen of the 2010 Grammy Awards by taking home six, a record breaking feat. I was pleasantly surprised that they allowed performers such long set times although this meant that Beyonce (unfortunately) had enough time to do her best impression of Alanis Morisette. Yes, I am confused about that one too... But all in all the show proved to be a success. Most importantly, by celebrating Michael Jackson with a stunning tribute sung by Usher, Celine Dion, Carrie Underwood, and a glowing Jennifer Hudson.

Now onto some other exciting news! If you are regular readers of this blog then you might have noticed videos and posts by yours truly recently. I thought a little bit of an introduction might be beneficial. I have been blogging for a long time and keep it appealing and fresh over at SomeRedCat.tumblr.com. And I am now extremely happy to be contributing something new to Zennie62.com.

I love everything pop culture. But what does that really mean you ask...? Well, it means that I am equally excited about who’s a hot mess on the red carpet as I am in what the next exhibit at SF MOMA is… I want to know what the international gross of Avatar is thus far as well as where the hell Brandy went (where are you girl?)… You know, I’m talking REALLY important stuff here.

But honestly, Life is meant to be fun! And this is Hollwood gossip, not brain surgery. I'm sticking with what I know, and I plan on delivering it to you with a smile and some sass.

A little more about me.. Likes- dance parties (even if they’re solo), Bette Midler, traveling, exploring San Francisco with my camera, Martin Short, Kant & Boas, spending Saturday with Jack Daniels and my friends, then Sunday with the New York Times, Dislikes- Ignorant people who don't like to have fun, when they tuck the sheet under the mattress at hotels, bananas, kiwis, indoor voices.

Have any questions or misplaced internet aggression?? Email me at SomeRedCat at gmail dot com & stalk me at SomeRedCat.tumblr.com

xoCat

2 comments:

  1. GoldenV6:30 AM

    Zennie! Who is this new darling vlogger? She's amazing! Keep up the good work, man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:40 PM

    I love it, your hilarious and informative =) I wanna see more!!

    ReplyDelete