Tuesday, October 12, 2010

CNN Live Stream: Chilean Miners Rescue Live - Florencio Avalos First Up

UPDATE: 8 of 33 Miners Rescued

Florencio Avalos First Miner Up
(Click here for CNN Live Stream of Chilean Miners Rescue where Florencio Avalos was the first miner up.)

CNN does live events well. The Chilean Miners Rescue live show on as this is written is proof that CNN's focus should be on live events and not on copying Fox News. Constant ratings returns prove that when there's a live event: a disaster, court case, or news conference, CNN does consistently well both in ratings and in event production for television.

In the case of The Chilean Miners Rescue, CNN dispatched it's big guns - Larry King, John King and Anderson Cooper - to focus on this event. Moreover, CNN had experts giving us reports on what the miners would have to deal with when they surfaced.

Florencio Avalos Makes History


When the first miner, 31-year-old Florencio Avalos surfaced, you could see and feel the collective sigh of a country, Chile, and the World. There was so much that could have gone wrong, and still can over the next day or so that it takes to get out all of the 33 miners.

Florencio Avalos becomes the first person to be rescued from a 68-day entrapment in a mine over 2,000 feet below the surface of the Earth. The decision was to have Avalos brought up first because he's the healthiest one of the group. According to CNN, the idea is the other weaker miners will be more encouraged to make the trip up, which takes about 15 minutes.

You can monitor the event via the CNN live blog with a click here as well.

4 comments:

  1. Watch Chilean Miners Rescue Live Streaming HERE: http://bit.ly/ahCWVO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how I would act if I were trapped with my co-workers for 68 days. Seriously! The whole thing is amazing..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:28 AM

    http://www.ssystechsoftwares.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was looking for a job back in May, after we moved from DC to Houston. I was having a very hard time keeping track of where I had applied. I literally applied to hundreds of jobs. With all my spare time, I put together a simple website with all the landing pages of the open positions at well over 200 companies nationwide.

    For those of you out there, looking for a job. Here's the website:

    http://grantbeehler.net/jobs.html

    I got a job in the beginning of July, making more than I did in DC, so we're very happy with the move. But I figure others may still be able to use the site.

    I'm looking for suggestions to expand the list as well, so please let me know!

    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete