Sunday, August 22, 2010

CNN iReport at Comic Con 2010 - meet LiLa King and crew




For Comic Con 2010 San Diego, CNN elected to make establish a major presence to capture the 18 to 30 year old demographic for its online content. And to do that, CNN dispatched its iReport Initiative Team, headed by LiLa King.

Lila asked this blogger to join the iReport Team for some kind of confab at 1:30 in San Diego's Gaslamp District on the last day of Comic Con. The visit was more than worth it, as Lila presented the gift of a cool Fiip Mino HD Video Camcorder specially designed in CNN iReport colors, including the Dick Tracy-like profile icon, and a CNN hat!



In the video, Lila referred to this video blogger as "The original iReport OG," which means "Original gangster." Normally, I'd disown such a designation, but coming from LiLa is it was just fine.

This blogger has been a contributor to the CNN iReport since 2007 and really ramped up contributions in 2008 and at the behest of Jessica Ellis of CNN Special Project Unit. The result was a self-created wedding of iReport, YouTube, Zennie62 blog (then called Zennie's Zeitgeist) content, and Twitter into one multi-platform stew.

Because of that and my iReport videos, LiLa King and Henry Hanks invited me to visit their offices at the CNN Headquarters in Atlanta. Since I spend about half my time there helping my Mother, a visit was easy. I even took her with me.



If you've not used CNN's iReport to post your video blogs, give it a shot; visit with a click here. You just may wind up on CNN.

No comments:

Post a Comment