Wednesday, February 22, 2006

President Bush's Is Right; CNN's Lou Dobbs and Others Wrong About Port Deal

I see no concreate reason why the US can't suddenly partner with this organization of long standing. They're not new.
To block the deal for essentially racist reasons is not American.

Moreover, the matter of Terrorism is more complicated than many of us chose to understand. You can complain, bitch, and moan, but like it or not, this deal is actually best for the US and the World. I'd rather have an Arab firm -- with the great attention it gains -- run some cargo transactions, than a British firm I know nothing about. Oh, except that they're white.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:46 PM

    I'm kind of torn about this. My mother-in-law, who is Muslim and used to live in Dubai, thinks this is a terrible idea. On the other hand, this does seem to have become a big "lets bash President Bush" event for the Dems and "lets bash Arabic countries" for many others.

    I think most people who are against this fundamentally misunderstand what Dubai is - an international Port city with a much more liberal goverment than any of its neigbors.

    ReplyDelete