Saturday, October 02, 2010

Donovan McNabb vs. Michael Vick - Charles Barkley Picks McNabb

On Sunday, Philadelphia Eagles Quarterback Michael Vick will play against his friend and mentor Washington Redskins QB Donovan McNabb in a much-anticipated NFL Football game.

First, it is so because Donovan McNabb was the Eagles long-time starting quarterback last year until he was traded to the Skins.

Second, McNabb lobbied for the then-recently-released-from-prison Vick, who played for the Atlanta Falcons, to join the Eagles.

Third, it's the first time in NFL History that a big game featured two well-known black quarterbacks. Can the Super Bowl be far behind?

And NBA Legend Charles Barkley is picking McNabb

According to a radio interview at WIP Philadelphia with Howard Eskin and Ike Reese, and transcribed by Sports Radio Interviews.com Barkley said

"I can’t wait to get to the game Sunday and I wanna personally thank Mr. Daniel Snyder for sending me my Donovan McNabb Redskins jersey. I cannot wait. I’m a little disturbed because I’m pulling for Michael Vick, but I always have said that Donovan never has gotten the respect he deserves in Philadelphia and before Michael Vick got into the game I did not know that. But I’m wearing my Donovan McNabb jersey and I can’t wait till Sunday at 4:15 Eastern."


Asked why he believed McNabb would win, Sir Charles said this:

"It’s called karma. It’s called karma Howard. Donovan has never been treated good and it’s karma. The football gods are going to rise up and this is going to get the Redskins season started."

Someone should tell Sir Charles of Barkley that the game's in Philadelphia, not in Washington DC.   I'm picking Michael Vick because the Eagles have a faster team and they're at home.  But it will be close too, because McNabb knows too much about his former organization.

No comments:

Post a Comment