Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Vloggercon: Dina Kaplan Talks About Blip.tv and Her TV Career - With Some Proding By Me




I always say that some people bring out different sides of others for whatever reason. This is certainly true with Dina Kaplan and myself. Dina's the head of Business Development for Blip.tv, the digital video distribution and sharing system I now swear by. Dina brings out the "Woody Allen" in me in much the same way as a friend of mine in Chicago..Hmm....

But that written, behind her almost constant smile is the active brain of a good business person. Always thinking and directing traffic -- in this case, the other Blip.tv staffers. Trying to determine who's best to talk to about this or that, and so on. She's perfect in her role at Blip.tv and as I said in the video, the best business people are confident women. I discovered that while growing SBS and have seen little to discourage my opinion.

As Dina explains, Blip.tv is one year old and the result of a collaboration of five friends in New York City. It's like YouTube, but has features that are vastly different than that or any other similar system. For example, my Blip.tv video posts have been automatically installed in this blog. Plus, the final video in Blip.tv is much closer to the quality of the original than is true for YouTube.

Now back to Dina.

All Dina has to do is get over seeing herself on any computer or TV screen. In the video, she looks at a computer video of her and -- like Frankenstein seeing his own reflection (I'm gonna get killed for that comparison! LOL) -- points to herself and says "that's scary." I totally disagree.

No comments:

Post a Comment