Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Bank Of America, Fayetteville GA Account Screw Up



The Bank Of America, in Fayetteville GA at 326 Highway 314 is just not a good place to do business. As a result of my blog traffic and my Google account, their system sends a monthly check.

 The check, because of the way I fill out the online page, has my name and my business name, and that's been the case for years. I've always placed that check in my Bank of America account in Oakland.

And that's my personal account; my checks paid with just my business name on them are deposited in my business account - not with Bank of America.

To make my life a little easier as I travel to Atlanta, Georgia to help my Mom, and on a quasi-monthly basis, I had my check sent to the address there. So, the last thing that occurred to me was that the Bank of America there would give me a hassle. But that's what happened.

My mother has views of the South that I do not share. She doesn't believe in making waves because she thinks it's too racist to matter; I could care less.

At the branch, it seemed I was going to have no problem depositing - keep that in mind depositing - my check. But a teller who works at the two branches there just saw my name, and then the business name and said "I can't put this in," and then got the manager of the bank to agree.

My response was that is not what Bank of America does. I figured it was due to some issue at the first bank, so the next day, I went to the Bank of America at 326 Highway 314, figuring I could just deposit the check. But the same teller - a white woman with glasses who appeared to be about 65 in age - from the other bank was next to the teller who was helping me, and then moved over to whisper something to the ear of the other teller. So, I had the same problem.

But in explaining my situation, I quickly decided to make a video while I was dealing with the issue. Then, we called Bank of America from the truck, and a customer service representative named Raymond, and who had a New York accent, said that the bank should not have done that.

I didn't turn my camcorder on, so when I arrived back home, I made another call to Bank of America, and another customer service representative told me the bank should not have done that! And she added that because Bank of America "hires people from off the street," you get people who aren't the "sharpest knifes" in the drawer.

At any rate, this is to openly have Bank of America stop these practices where branches treat people like this. Suppose I needed to deposit that check because I was without money and was there on an emergency trip for my mother? It not only would not have mattered to them, they would have been acting against their own Bank of America policies, as told to me by two people on the phone, in the video!

I find it really disconcerting that I had this problem "in person," but not over the phone where they can't see my face. Is that racism? Sure feels like it.

Bank of America in Fayetteville, GA must change. I don't care if it's the South, just deposit my check in my account. Please. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment