Sunday, March 05, 2006

If You Open Your Heart To God, You Can See Beyond Your Eyes!

I know this to be true because last Monday, I was on my way to pick up my Mom at Oakland Airport. We agreed that she was going to call me as soon as the plane was on the ground, which was to be about 6:30 PM. So, I arrived a bit early so that I would be at the terminal at the time I thought she would get her bags and be ready to come out. I did this because it was a driving rain storm.

Only, I didn't get a call from her. I immediately felt something was wrong. I felt it.

So, I drove up and parked the car in front of the terminal. A police officer walked over and told me that I would have to move the car. I explained "I can't. I was supposed to get a call from my Mom, and I didn't. Something's wrong." He told me I would get a $47 ticket if I left the car there.

"I can afford it," I said.

So, I walked in, and asked the person at the counter about the flight she was to come in on from Reno. "It's been diverted to San Jose," she informed me. So, I went back to the car and drove over to Francesso's Restaurant to wait for my Mom to call. She did, and I drove down to San Jose to get her.

What if I had not listened to my inner voice? The point is, I did. It's taken me all my life to finally be able to "hear." It comes when you let your feelings take over. It comes when you are able to trust yourself. It comes when your feelings and decisions come from a place of clear love and not clouded anger.

That doens't mean you can't be upset. You can. But it must come from a place of caring -- that's love. If it comes from that place then you will "see" things that were not visible before, and act swiftly.

But you must open your heart and free your mind to love. And believe in God.

No comments:

Post a Comment