Monday, September 28, 2009

Denver Airport - a thought on flight cancellations

More at Zennie62.com | Follow me on Twitter! | Get my widget! | Visit YouTube | Visit UShow.com

Before I boarded the UAL (United Airlines) flight to Denver, where I am now waiting for the Atlanta plane...

The "Embraer 170" I videoed here two years back...



...I blogged about the number of United cancellations at San Francisco International Airport.

I should clarify the reasons posted for the flight terminations: "aircraft equipment."

Now in the recent past that term has covered everything from faulty cargo door latches to late-arriving plane crew. My hypothesis is it has something to do with the crew.

Someone I talked to said its the economy and UAL's way of cutting back flights. I don't think so. It takes too much logistic and budgetary planning to just nix a flight like that, plus the obvious existence of what would be a terrible cover story. Now I'm not saying I'm totally right, it's just my feeling.

What counters my view is the fact that there aren't many people traveling today, and its Monday. Not, that its the busiest travel day of the week - that's Sunday - but that I'm used to seeing more people at Denver on this day. Between yesterday's poor attendance at the Oakland Raiders game and this scene at both airports, its obvious the economy's a weak one.

There are a lot of unemployed people out there, some of them Maklinites who still send weird emails.

Geez.

Well, I've grown to like the Embraer 170, even if I still long for the 767!

No comments:

Post a Comment