Monday, September 28, 2009

SFO Airport - United Flight cancellations and "free" WiFi that never works

More at Zennie62.com | Follow me on Twitter! | Get my widget! | Visit YouTube | Visit UShow.com

As I write this I'm at San Francisco International waiting for the Denver flight to leave so I can get to Atlanta for my Mom's birthday. This is the third flight I've tried today.

The first United flight, 102 to Chicago, was to leave at 11:55 AM PST but it was canceled. In fact there were a number of flight cuts to Los Angeles, Philadelphia, and Chicago, thus gumming up other airplanes with people trying to make connections to their destinations - like me.

Actually I'm used to the cancellation thing. In fact I had one really interesting episode that caused me to appear on CNN. Here's the video series of that fun time:









When I arrived in Atlanta to see Mom for Christmas, I had already planned a visit to my friends at CNN's iReport staff. But while there, executive producer Andreas Preuss was told of my travel story, called down to the iReport staff for me, and said "OK. I'm putting you on in 8 minutes. I'm betting my life on you!"

The result was this appearance on CNN that Friday with CNN Anchor and Old Blue (UC Berkeley grad) Richard Lui:



That was fun but I do hope I don't have a replay of the events which led to that particular show.

SFO should fix its "free wifi"


I'm writing this thanks to the 7 bucks I spent for a "T-Mobile DayPass" and because the so-called "Free Wifi" that pops up in my Mac's "Internet Connect" window doesn't work at all.

That's happened before.

SFO needs to get its act together in the wifi department. For an airport that's in the center of the unofficial capital of the Internet industry, having just T-Mobile to use and no free wifi available is an outrage

Don Fisher: RIP


Very sad to learn of the passing of GAP Founder (and Old Blue) Don Fisher, whom I've met twice. The first time at a GAP "Project Red" event a few years ago, the second time when I ran into him at San Francisco Shopping Center at Union Square. Don was always a great person to talk to and gracious with his time. A successful man who treated people as if they mattered, at least from my personal experience. He will be missed by many.

Well..I'm still waiting.

UPDATE! Off to Denver, then ATL!

No comments:

Post a Comment