Friday, October 02, 2009

2016 Olympics: STUNNING - Chicago lose in first round of voting

More at Zennie62.com | Follow me on Twitter! | Get my widget! | Visit YouTube | Visit UShow.com

UPDATE: Tokyo eliminated from the Olympics bid

The news is like a brick hitting one on the head. In the 2016 Olympics vote today, it was announced by IOC President Jacques Rogge that Chicago "having received the least amount of votes" was eliminated from the running for the 2016 Olympics.

Forget Obama or anyone else, count me as stunned and disappointed. The bid was considered to be the front-runner, so just what happened I don't know. Politics? Yes.

Or, as my Mom's friend put it, they - the IOC - didn't want Obama to have the victory because he's not "for the rich" and points to the health care issue as an example.

But I don't think that was the case; I think it was media organizations like CNN constantly pushing Chicago's crime problem right before the vote today. CNN should be ashamed.

I really feel bad about this one; it's like rooting for the Cubs in the playoffs. We need to find Steve Bartman.

No comments:

Post a Comment