Thursday, November 05, 2009

Rihanna on "Good Morning America" talks about Chris Brown;


Rihanna

According to the Associated Press, just an hour ago, singer Rihanna was on the ABC show "Good Morning America" to explain that she regrets going back to Chris Brown after he beat her February 8th of this year, and during an argument over his alleged infidelity to her. Or in the AP's detailed paragraph:

The attack occurred in Los Angeles' Hancock Park neighborhood as Brown drove a rented sports car. A Los Angeles police detective described a brutal attack in a search warrant affidavit filed in the case, stating Brown hit, choked and bit Rihanna and tried at one point to push her from the car. A photo of her bruised face was circulated on the Internet. In an interview with Glamour magazine, posted online Tuesday, she said about the leaked photo, "I felt like people were making it into a fun topic on the Internet, and it's my life."

It's clear Rihanna (who has a new album coming out November 23rd) is at least more aware of her public image than Taylor Swift, who still as of this writing has not apologized for posing with a Swastika t-shirt wearing Hollywood model named A.J. English.

Regarding her actions in going back to Chris Brown, Rihanna said "That's embarrassing — that's the type of person I fell in love with. So far in love, so unconditional, that I went back," she said. "That's not what I want to teach people."

Rihanna continued: "When I realized that my selfish decision for love could result in some young girl getting killed, I could not be easy with that part. I couldn't be held responsible for telling them, 'Go back,'" she said.

"I didn't realize how much of an impact I had on these girls' lives until that happened," Rihanna added. "It was a wake-up call for me, big time, especially when I took myself out of the situation."

At 21, she's come a long way in a short time and has set an example for Taylor Swift to follow. As a public figure, one can't just "do what they want to do". They have to be aware of the messages and images they send out to the World.

This revelation puts Chris Brown's confession video in new light because the vast majority of people I polled did not believe him:



In retrospect, since Rihanna had gone back to Brown already he probably didn't feel entirely remorseful because he had her at the time even after the violence incident, and that came through on camera. Why do it then? To protect his career and get a lesser sentence, which happened, as Brown's doing community service work in place of jail time.

But the larger development is that of Rihanna the responsible public figure. Again, Taylor Swift can follow her example. Since Swift's silence on that horrible Swastika photo matter, I've got comments on my blog posts at Zennie62.com by people actually stating that the Swastika is a sign of peace, as if to apply some weird "PR" rescue to Nazi Germany.

Taylor Swift could silence those hate-filled people with one apology she has yet to give and yet is so easy to provide. If she needs guidance, Swift should turn to Rihanna to show her the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment