Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Carrie Prejean beaten by Joe Francis for Gawkers' Douche of the Decade

Carrie Prejean, who missed joining Rachel Ray in the Top 100 Sexiest Women of 2009 for political reasons, now has a less honorable award (yes, less honorable award) she just missed: Gawker's Douche of the Decade'.

For this...



Now folks, I think to call anyone 'Douche of the Decade' or 'Douche of the Year' is wrongheaded. Moreover, it's terrible. In fact, it can get one sued, which is what Joe Francis is threatening to do. I also would not think of Carrie Prejean in that way.

First Joe Francis.

Dylan Stableford at The Wrap, reports that after the “Girls Gone Wild” founder Joe Francis learned he was named as Gawker's “Douche of the Decade" he hit the ceiling and called his lawyers, firing off this email:



From: Joe Francis
To: Nick Denton
Subject: Hey Nick, Your Fucked
Date: December 27, 2009 7:22:14 PM EST

Hey Nick,

I am suing you tomorrow personally. You messed with the wrong guy. No one make up lies about me and gets away with it. I lost a 10 million dollar deal as a direct result of you calling me “a rapist”. You will be paying me every dime of that back and more! Are you mentally retarded? Do your research first. I am coming after you harder then I have ever went after anyone. I am going to wipe you off the grid!!!! YOU ARE DONE! I will take everything you have. You, Nick Denton, are truly the “Douche of the Decade” Merry Xmas IDIOT!!! Joe Francis P.S. I sent you an updated picture of how I actually look now so you can masturbate to it because you seem to be quite sexually obsessed with me.


Okay. Joe.



Tila Tequila and Joe Francis

Anyway. According to The Wrap, Nick Denton's response was classic:

Okay, fine. After some consideration, we're sorry for calling you a "rapist" since you are more accurately "an alleged rapist." After all, we've never seen you doing the raping, only read about it.

Man, Gawker Founder Nick Denton takes chances that are...er, ill-advised. He's already got two active lawsuits against him from Eric Dane regarding the McSteamy sex tape (which he's winning), and former ESPN announcer and NFL player Sean Salisbury's suit regarding posted emails.

Now let's turn to Carrie Prejean, who The Wrap says just missed being in the final vote and that's confirmed by Gawker.

I don't think she fits into the category of being publicly mauled in this way. Yes, she took a political stance that was at best retrograde. Sure, she didn't behave well on CNN's Larry King Show. But to be listed as a possible candidate for 'Douche of the Decade' is downright hurtful. I really cry for her.

I'm serious. I do so because I think there's a level of respect that a woman should be accorded even in the 21st Century. Carrie Prejean is not the kind of person projected by Gawker as being what they say Joe Francis is.

I'm not going to go there. I don't know Joe Francis, and I don't know anyone who does. Nick Denton's out there on his own with this one. Good luck, Bro.

No comments:

Post a Comment