Thursday, December 17, 2009

T-Mobile outage in USA and Puerto Rico, but not SF Bay Area

Various online news sources report a T-Mobile service outage. According to TechFlash.com, the problem is centered in the Southeastern United States and Puerto Rico. For those of you direction-challenged, that's everywhere between Georgia and Florida in the United States.




The reason for the problem is not stated on the T-Mobile website public forum, but a corporate moderator named "Dan" wrote this:


Some T-Mobile customers in the Southeastern United States and Puerto Rico may be experiencing intermittent service degradation for voice and data services. T-Mobile engineers and rapid response teams are working urgently to restore full service in impacted areas as quickly as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience this may be causing our customers.


Dan
Moderator, T-Mobile Forums


Prior to Dan's post, one T-Mobile user reported:

So just about 20 minutes ago I was unable to send text messages or place calls so I restarted my phone. When I restarted my phone it automatically put me on the AT&T network. I called T-Mobile and it looks like we're about to go through another outage. They have informed me it's spreading and could be similar to the one we experienced just a month ago... great.
FloridaResident - phoned home


And...

A few weeks back, t-mobile lost service for "5%" of its customers. Please tell me it's not happening again. Our phones are down. I was able to get out via bb messenger via wi-fi with someone else who also can not call out. I think it's about time this calls for getting out of these LOUSY contracts!
clark799 - searching for signal


Yikes. The same thing happened a month ago. Regardless, a non-working cell phone system can catch you at a time when you need it the most. Here's one example from the T-Mobile forum:


Of all days for you to have an outage it had to be the day where my sister goes into the hospital and living a full state away, I have no way of contacting my mom to know what is going on.


TYVM T-Mobile.... you can count me as a customer for a few more hours before I head to the Verizon Wireless store next to my apartment.
Whatss - pocket dials



What does TYVM means?

Well, I'm a T-Mobile user - chased to their more sane service billing plan by AT&T's fraudulent iPhone automatic billing system. I switched to a Blackberry from an iPhone just because of AT&T and I'm happy to report I've not experienced an outage with T-Mobile in the San Francisco Bay Area as of this writing.

I just wish Apple would allow T-Mobile to feature the iPhone.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:53 AM

    Affiliate Marketing is a performance based sales technique used by companies to expand their reach into the internet at low costs. This commission based program allows affiliate marketers to place ads on their websites or other advertising efforts such as email distribution in exchange for payment of a small commission when a sale results.
    www.onlineuniversalwork.com

    ReplyDelete