Friday, December 11, 2009

Tiger Woods indefinite leave from golf - Twitter reactions

Other than the British tabloid The Sun, the news that Tiger Woods was taking an "indefinite" leave from golf hit Twitter like a tsunami. Comedian and show host Howie Mandel had this hilarious tweet:

My appearance on Larry king postponed again! Thankyou tiger woods. I guess he f'kd me too about 3 hours ago from Echofon


Ouch.

To which Larry King tweeted:

Jim Moret guest hosting tonight on Tiger's indefinite break from golf. We'll reschedule @HowieMMandel. (But you should still buy his book!)


Once the top "Trending Topic" on Twitter, now number four, "Tiger Woods" had generated 5,832 tweets in a second at one point during my surf session. Many of them were just repeating the news, others contained the view of the person doing the tweeting:

angel41793 tiger woods giving up golf!? impossible! half a minute ago from txt


laurenmc18 I would like to publicly thank tiger woods for the fact that my dad now knows the term "sexting
"


Ryan_Chase I'm pretty sure that more people know about what Tiger Woods did than know about the good news of Jesus Christ less than a minute ago from txt


And professional athletes made their thoughts known. Here's LPGA tour star Nicole Hage:

Part of me feels like when I was little and found out santa wasn't real ......I'm so disappointed! @Meredith_Duncan 6 minutes ago from UberTwitter in reply to Meredith_Duncan

:O about 2 hours ago from UberTwitter


'Indefinite' break :O about 3 hours ago from UberTwitter

Omg Tiger is taking a break :O (---mouth hung open) about 3 hours ago from UberTwitter


Cincinnati Bengals Cornerback Geoff Pope:

tiger!!!!!!!!! 19 minutes ago from web

In all PGA golfers have largely stayed away from tweeting on Tiger Woods as of this writing.

Stay tuned...

1 comment:

  1. Everyone make mistakes in life. Just have to move on

    ReplyDelete