Friday, December 03, 2010

“Jobless Talk” to End Broadcasts After 14,000 Listens, Dismaying 99er Nation


The Award Winning BlogTalk radio show “Jobless Talk” - which has had over 14,000 listeners in the past 8 months will likely cease broadcasting later this month. The announcement was made during yesterday’s airing of Jobless Talk at Noon PST - much to the dismay of the 99er Nation.

Jobless Talk, a BlogTalk Radio Show dedicated to Jobless Americans called the “99ers” will likely air it’s last show on December 17, 2010. The show which first aired in April 2010 is hosted by Paladinette (Yours truly) and has been enjoyed by over 14K listeners either live or by podcast. For the first 3 months, the show aired twice weekly but was cut back to air Fridays only 5 months ago. The show is dedicated to the plight of UI exhaustees who have been without UI checks for 9 months now.

Unfortunately, the unique quality that gives Jobless Talk it’s authentic flavor, the fact that I am a 99er - is also the reason it may no longer continue to be the place to vent 99er frustrations by this Christmas and beyond. The fact is I have been unable to secure paid employment, thus can no longer afford to keep my internet and phone connections. Both of which are necessary to continue not only my job search, but my weekly show now as well.

I really hate giving up my weekly broadcasts but I have no choice. Once my internet goes, I will no longer be able to advocate for the longest term unemployed (99ers or otherwise) with my blogging, Facebook, The American 99ers Union, U-Cubed, Jobless Talk, My websites like Jobless Unite (nearly 500,000 visitors), email, or even the 1 gig that pays me a few bucks a month: writing as the San Diego Unemployment Examiner for Examiner.com.

Jobless Talk has had the honor of being one of the Spotlighted shows on Blog Talk Radio and only 2 months after the premiere episode, I was honored as the BlogTalk Featured Host for June 2010 - something for which I will always be extremely proud.

My show has been scorned and feared by several members of Congress and many staffers of Senators know me by my “Paladinette” pseudonym and “in your face” reputation. The goal of Jobless Talk was always to phase out naturally, but the plan was to stop broadcasting the show after the 99ers received their Tier 5 and a real jobs creation bill was implemented in America. Life often does not adhere to “the Plans” we make especially when Washington chooses to neglect their sworn duty to serve All Americans - not just the Rich ones.

If any of you have in any way been helped by these episodes of Jobless Talk - then I am grateful for the opportunity to have helped in some small way. As always it has been my pleasure to help the 99er cause by whatever method possible. It has also been a great deal of fun putting the show together each episode with news, opinion and the real “Stars of the Show” - my callers!

After making the announcement on air, the response from the 99ers has been overwhelming disappointment but a united understanding of how unavoidable my decision was and how impossible it would be to carry on without the funds required to continue. 99ers need every dime they can get their hands on to survive, so I am adamant about NOT taking donations from the 99er Nation.

If you know of anyone who is NOT a 99er and wants to help keep Jobless Talk on the air, please direct them to the "Donate Widget" at My Jobless Unite website http://joblessunite.yolasite.com/

Or just use the Donate button below - Thank You!





No comments:

Post a Comment