Friday, December 03, 2010

YouTube Comments to Zennie62: 52 notifications contain N-word over 27 days

Being a YouTube Partner is a fun experience that has taken this blogger to places, like the Academy Awards and Comic Con, that are the dream destinations for some viewers.

To date YouTube.com/zennie62 has 1,130 videos. With each video comes the expected comment on it. But for me, one word pops up on a daily basis and at times more than once per day: "nigger" or the "n-word."

The latest one was this comment received in response to my playful video on Jennifer Anniston's legs and the R-word controversy back in August:


you fuckin spook thumbs down for misleading title and your a nigger to top it ya i said nigger im a racist white boy


And that for this video:



So, tiring of notes like that one, which have served to make me a bit mean in my responses at times in general, I decided to so a search for the work "nigger" in my email. The result, 80 items of dates examples, and 20 dates containing 52 YouTube Comment Notifications between November 5th and December 2nd of 2010. That's over a rate of two a day.

Here's one from November 22nd and in reference to my USA vs. Slovenia World Cup - fire Koman Coulibaly for Offsides call video:

who is this stupid nigger

There's more, but I don't want to ruin your day as much as mine is impacted by this constant flood of n-word-related comments. Now, at times it comes because I talk about a race issue, but not the majority of the time. The Jennifer Aniston and Koman Coulibaly videos have nothing to do with race.

It's just that a portion of the society, so brainwashed to think that the message for anything should be a white person, responds in the way I've experienced. Many African American YouTube Partners have talked about this and complained about it to YouTube, but as far as I know (and I'm giving YouTube and out here) I don't know how to eliminate the appearance of the word.

What we as black YouTube Partners have said is "Keep it coming. We make money from your hate!" But after a time, it becomes too much.

Something should be done.

But more important than my feelings, are this ugly American and World industrial society that still exists around the matter of race. Many of the commenters are young, below the age of 14, and who should be reported to their parents.  If their parents care.

And all are male.

Something's really wrong.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment