Sunday, January 09, 2011

Back From CES: On CES, Gabrielle Giffords, and Facebook Ending

Quick views on CES 2011, Gabrielle Giffords, and "Facebook Ending."

First, let's get this out of the way: Facebook is not ending. Whoever started this Internet game forgot that Facebook just got a $50 billion cash infusion.

Thus, the person who started the Internet game, and the people who believe the game, don't know business. Only a fool gives up $50 billion with the idea that the very entity responsible for generating such value's going to come to an end after the money's sent.

CES 2011 Is Over..For Me

I'm back (briefly) after what turned out to be a fantastic trip to CES 2011 Las Vegas, and what may be a record number of videos produced by me for one event: 28, and counting. Plus, I have six new videos I made today from the floor using my Flip Video Camera - all of them of gadgets and digital products. I wanted to walk the floors to find subjects to vlog about before I headed for the airport.

But not all of my videos were made using The Flip, Qik.com played a role too. Here's an example featuring Audi's exciting new 2011 A8 motorcar:



Qik.com rocks.  It's that simple.  Next for me, a 4G smartphone.

I almost stayed later, thus risking missing my flight, until I learned that the "Lady Gaga" that was to appear was an impersonator. So, I left.

What's interesting about CES 2011 - beyond the tablets and 3D - is the large number of electronics firms from China looking to break into the American market.  What they seek are buyers and the way to meet them, so they come to CES, where they can do just that.   More on this later.

The Gabrielle Giffords Shock

The news that Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords was shot by a deranged subhuman named Jared Lee Loughner (and another person it seems who's still at-large) is shocking and hurtful. It makes me want to cry when I think of it; frankly, it's why I immersed myself in CES one more time: to escape. As I blogged earlier today, something's really wrong with American society.

And this "video take down" issue must be investigated. The Association of American Physicians and Surgeons is based here:

Association of American Physicians and Surgeons
1601 N. Tucson Blvd. Suite 9
Tucson, AZ 85716-3450
Phone: (800) 635-1196

Yep. Tucson, Arizona, where Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords serves in the 8th District. They had a video on YouTube protesting her last year. Someone took that video down after Congresswoman Giffords was shot. You think maybe the second shooter's in that video?

Something's wrong, man.

Maybe now people will see that we need help in a big way. Perhaps people like Sarah Palin will just cool their jets and find their heart before attacking people who disagree with them to the point of suggesting that they be "targeted." Palin, if she has a heart, should be ashamed of herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment