Monday, January 23, 2006

Super BOWL XL: Pittsburgh Steelers v. Seattle Seahawks in Detroit! (I'm going)


After a 2005 which saw me cancel my trip to Super Bowl XXXIX in Jacksonville, due to my Mom's battle with Breast Cancer -- she's much better now -- I'm proud to be attending the 40th Super Bowl game. This is one of the "row of three" host cities that bidded for the right to host a Super Bowl with Oakland.

I must admit that I'm surprised to see the Pittsburgh Steelers as the AFC Champion, as I expected and wanted to see the Indianapolis Colts play the Seattle Seahawks. I also want to see Indy Coach Tony Dungy lift the Lombardi trophy over his head.

Oh, well.

But I am looking forward to the events, the people, and the game, and Detroit. I'm confident the city will put it's best foot forward. What I like is that they -- unlike Jacksonville -- didn't lie to the NFL about the number of hotel rooms they had under contract.

Moreover, Larry Alexander and Susan Sherer of the Metro Detroit Convention and Visitors Bureau were very nice to me when we met in Atlanta at the 2000 Fall NFL Owners Meeting.

I only hope the weather's over 30 degrees!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:11 PM

    I found your blog informative. While out blog surfing today for specific info on cellulite excess, I ended up on your page. I will bookmark your site for a future visit, and should you ever need it, there is plenty of information on this site about cellulite excess.

    ReplyDelete