Wednesday, March 08, 2006

"24" Clobbering "The Apprentice" in The Monday Ratings Race


Monday, I watched the terrific episode of "24" and didn't even realize "The Apprentice" was on the other channel -- and I'm an Apprentice fan! I just realized I missed it today, and decided to check to determine how "The Apprentice" performed in the ratings against "24."

As I suspected, it got clobbered.

I think the problem is that Apprentice fans are used to seeing the show on Thursdays, and it's been this way since it first aired. Changing this pattern was a big mistake for NBC. If a popular show is just that, and it's held a particular day and time slot for several years, then moving it may kill it.

Look, the Winter Olympics weren't big in the ratings, so a lot of Apprentice fans may have missed the memo that the show was coming on Monday and not Thursday.

Move it back. I like "24."

No comments:

Post a Comment