Sunday, August 27, 2006

Survivor: Segregation Island -- Video Views

Recently, Mark Burnett annouced that the next "Survivor" would consist of tribes divided -- er, segregated -- by "race." Now, we all know that there's no scientific proof that there are different races and that the designations are social constructs, but that doesn't stop Mark Burnett.

I must add that I first learned of this Mark Burnett idea with respect to future episodes of The Apprentice. In fact, I thought Apprentice Five was going to be the one to do this -- nope.

But it's still a Burnett show. And no, as a person who's tried out for The Apprentice, I don't think this latest twist get him off the hook of charges that his shows are too white. Indeed, it may be that he's trying to make a point about race that's not healthy. I'm not the only one who thinks this; check out what these vloggers have to say:



And...

No comments:

Post a Comment