Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Lynn Forester de Rothschild Can Kiss My Elitist, Black Male Butt!

Lynn Forester de Rothschild just made herself my enemy and for a very good reason. The former Hillary Clinton fundraiser came out and basically made a totally racist comment regarding Senator Barack Obama when she said:

“This is a hard decision for me personally because frankly I don’t like him,” she said of Obama in an interview with CNN’s Joe Johns. “I feel like he is an elitist. I feel like he has not given me reason to trust him.”

This is the biggest bunch of bullshit I've ever heard in my entire life. This matter of being elitist is a tag that I've gotten -- and frankly wear it -- as have other African Americans who are confident, well-educated, intelligent, and don't fall into deference because someone's White. There are those of us -- who are Black -- who still do this just to, as they say, "get along" but I personally decided a long time ago that I was going to be myself.

In fact, I made that decision at the age of 22 and simply went from there. The reason for that walk, that journey is because American society has sent so many messages to Black men that they're "less than" that one has to fight the messages every day of their lifes.

It's one reason why Black men have such high rates of heart disease and why self esteem is commonly -- even to this day -- sought via athletics and not education because the sport of the body the one area of life where a person can't deny your prowess. Sadly.

Getting good grades is awesome, but people at times have a tendency to pay no attention to transcripts. Scoring touchdowns is hard to ignore.

But I rejected that path at six years old. I decided then that I wanted to lead via the intellect and damn anyone who stood in my way. And yes, I was six. Six.

So I've met a lot of people like Lynn Forester de Rothschild and overcame all of them. See, some people like Lynn Forester de Rothschild are not happy unless they have the subconsious idea that if you're Black, she's better than you are.

Think about it.

Why then would she claim to reject Barack Obama for being elitist, and then run to John McCain, who's not only elitist and can't remember how many homes he owns, but is massively sexist on top of that.

Because McCain's White. That's why. Lynn Forester de Rothschild expected Barack to kiss her ring and when he treated her with respect and, well, like any normal person, that wasn't enough for her.

Well, my one request is for Lynn Forester de Rothschild to be kicked off the DNC Platform Committee. As soon as possible.

UPDATE: she's already off of it.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:32 PM

    I understand your frustration, but has your anger towards people that you have categorized Lynn Forester as being a part of clouded your judgment? I didn't watch this CNN interview so I don't know the full conversation but in that quote alone that you provided, I don't see anywhere where she says he's elitist because he's a successful black person or that she's going to go for John McCain. It isn't one or the other. She can abstain from voting or vote for an independent. Just some thoughts. Please share more of that conversation on CNN is all I ask!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No. And let's consider that; how would my judgement be clouded? In other words, if I were not angry, I'd be happy with her and her remarks? That's not logical.

    No. I can't understand how you could see past my text on what Black men have to deal with to ask me that question, but I'll entertain. Lynn made a personal and racist comment about Barack. She -- and this has been going on for a white -- has never made a supportive comment about McCain or his policies at all.

    She's just unhappy that Hillary lost but also is an Anglophile who went into New York and basically found and slept with rich white guys. How else to explain her being married to -- now not -- a 70-year old banker when she was just 45 years old?

    Hmmm?

    I've met and known tons -- litterally -- of women like her. Folks tend not to like them and they do tilt toward a racist bent.

    How else do you explain an elitist saying she doesn't like someone who's elitist? Simple, she forgot to mention that he was Black -- but it was in her head.

    Vernon Jordan is not a friend but a business associate who's a friend of Bill Clinton, and an old school brother who shows the proper "white deference" that younger Blacks don't even know how to show -- and don't want to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's a mess. She has the nerve to call him an elitist, when she lives a superpowered lifestyle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:56 AM

    Rothschild isnt being honest. She was originally a Hilliary supporter. When Hilliary lost to Obama she publically stated that she will not back Obama, but instead McCain. I have no problem with that, except she contradicted her reasons. She said her reason was that she didnt feel it was right to have a Demo. house w/Dem. president at the same time. Perhaps Rothschild forgot that Hilliary is a Democrate. She would had been better off saying that she doesnt like Obama. Plain & simple.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2:13 AM

    Another problem w/ rothschild is her elitist comment about obama. but she also used the "red neck" words to speak of white's who she was advocating for that will help mccain. With statements like that, I am sure obama dont need her around his campaign.

    ReplyDelete