Friday, September 05, 2008

Sarah Palin, Jesus Christ Was A Community Organizer

In her speech last night, Alaska Governor Sarah Palin's comments insulting community organizers as not having responsiblilty, or at least enough to demand respect, upset a great many people I know. From elected officials to students.

To mothers and sons and fathers. The people I talked to expressed an almost singular dislike for what Palin said, and in some cases Palin herself.

I'll not go there.

I will only remind Gov. Palin that there was one person who did work to serve the needs of those who had nothing and lost there way. A man who showed all of us in the World that we could be forgiven for our sins. A person who did instruct us in the ways of the Lord.

That person is the greatest community organizer ever.

We know him as Jesus Christ.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for that reminder Zennie! I thought the same things. But that's not the only thing "fishy" about Palin's speech. If you get a chance, read my post at politics4christians.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:18 PM

    As a Bible believing Christian and a liberal Democrat, I was so glad to read this post. Gov. Palin has a way of passing off her ill-conceived policy initiatives as "the will of God." Maybe she should reconsider how some of her statements [don't] reflect the way that God operates.

    ReplyDelete