Thursday, October 08, 2009

3,000 Facebook and 7,000 Twitter friends? Have a YouTube Meetup!

More at Zennie62.com | Follow me on Twitter! | Get my widget! | Visit YouTube | Visit UShow.com

Someone - I think it was San Francisco Chronicle Columnist Mark Moford - asked what to do with 5,000 Facebook friends, or at least that was the headline of the column. Unfortunately, I missed my plan to read it, but it never left my mind.

Now, I've got over 3,000 Facebook friends, 7,000 Twitter followers, almost 4,000 YouTube subscribers, and am on 34 social networks and have a network of over 90 blogs.

To some like my friend MC Hammer, who has a ridiculous 1.5 million Twitter followers, I'm an ant. But to me, it's a signal to do something. Big. Someday. Soon.

That something should be a party, and yes, as I'm a YouTube Partner, it's going to be a YouTube Meetup.

For those who dont' know what a YouTube meetup is, the videos below give a real good idea of what happens at one of these things and also how I'm going to change things up a bit.

My first YouTube Meetup was in 2007 at Pier 39 in San Francisco. In fact, Pier 39 didn't officially know it was happening, even though it benefited that tourist attraction and led to a really funny video spoof of the event. Here's my video and the really funny one by "BetterBadNews":

2007 As-One Meetup:



The "Better Bad News" video:



So that's an idea of things to come but the difference is that mine will be in Oakland. I love San Francisco, but Oakland's my home and it's way, way overdue for a real good YouTube Meetup, featuring my Facebook and Twitter friends (of all political stripes).

That will be interesting.

Oh, if you're reading this and a YouTuber (which means you're a person with an active YouTube channel with videos you've uploaded), give me a ping for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment