Thursday, January 14, 2010

Haiti Earthquake benefit at Oakland's Conga Lounge this Friday

The Haiti Earthquake is the focus of a benefit party to be held at The Conga Lounge in Oakland Friday night at 5422 College Avenue in the Rockridge District.

Conga Lounge owner Mano Gougoumis Thanos wrote this note about the event:

"I will be DJ'ing Haitian Kompa music pus Zouk , Latin music and Reggae. There is no cover for the event, but I will be accepting donations at my DJ booth.

The benefit is from 10pm to 2 am this Friday at the Conga Lounge. I have contacted Hatian friends of mine to bring someone from Hatian Relief to the event , to collect the money at the conclusion of the party. But if you know of any other organizations assisting Haiti have them call me - 510 - 867 - 1092.

This party is gonna be a lot of fun and we will be assisting Haiti too. I hope you can make it to. Haitian music is really fun, tropical and laid back. Great for dancing! Plus I think the Conga Lounge is gonna be the only bar spinning Kompa this Friday!"


So get down to the place that's the home of the Oakland MaiTai, The Conga Lounge, and help Haiti in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment