Thursday, January 14, 2010

Haiti Earthquake more important than Zennie's Ron Dellums opinion

A large number of blog posts back I wrote that Oakland Mayor Ron Dellums should not run for reelection. Within the blog post, I did, what bloggers do: give their opinion. That's what blogging is all about.

I linked to a small local publication really for the purpose of giving it some link love and used it as a springboard, not a reference point, for my own views of Mayor Dellums's job in Oakland's City Hall. (Which is separate from how I view the Mayor personally. He's a giant in politics and African-American history. Period.)

So, I wrote that post, and moved on. Today, it was brought to my attention that the author at the small, local publication wrote a large, laughable, tome of an article all devoted to me, Zennie Abraham as the "Chronicle Blogger" (uh, my website is Zennie62.com). My first response was "Cool" and my second was "This is silly" and finally I thought "Let's put them into play to teach a lesson."  Which I've done.

It's really terrible for an East Bay, California publication - on a day when Oaklanders Walter Riley and Barbara Rhine are still reported missing in Haiti - to waste time writing about their issues with my opinion and not about Riley and Rhine or Haiti.

I can almost see that author pacing the floor, ringing their hands, and talking to themselves over this whole deal, cursing my name all the time saying "That #$$ Zennie".   And didn't even bother to mention the Haiti organization aid list!

Geez.

No wonder I hit the floor laughing!

Yes, I generate a lot of traffic. OK, I'm now at over 11 million video views on YouTube. So what? People over in Haiti need our help and our organization, not for people who have silly issues with video-bloggers to spend a lot of time getting out their media ya-ya's over them, let alone losing sleep over me.

Let's focus on Haiti and the big stuff around us. Please?

Ron Dellums should not run for reelection. He will lose. That's my view and I'm sticking to it. If that angers some and they can't sleep or eat, too bad.  If you want to run 20 miles and cry havoc, go right ahead. (But you'd be better off waiting until the Oakland Marathon.)  I don't want to see Dellums lose an election.  OK?

But there's one thing I do know for certain: Mayor Dellums is far more concerned about Haiti than about me.

At least I hope so.

When you can, find a place here to help Haiti, and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment