Friday, April 30, 2010

Claudia Shear Restoration NY Theatre Workshop Suzannah B. Troy loved the play and of course Claudia!

Vibeke Hastrup actor and producer visiting from Denmark is  here in NYC hoping to make her own play happen in 2011.  I had an extra ticket because a friend had to bow out last minute so I gave the ticket away and it couldn't have been to a nicer person and someone who truly appreciates the arts and theatre!  Above is a photo of Vibeke Hastrup and artist Suzannah B. Troy

Below Suzannah B. Troy's review of Restoration at New York Theatre Workshop  79 East 4th Street



I love Claudia Shear.  I loved her in "Blown Sideways through Life" which I saw with my friend David Kaufman.   I love her as Mae West.  I loved her tonight in Restoration.  I am her mother.  No we are the same age (well almost).  Claudia represents very passionate outspoken women, brash, intense, New York....did I say passionate?    Add brazen to brash and passionate!!!!!


The play is about restoring Michelangelo's David and beauty and perfection in contrast to how imperfect humans are and how lonely.     There are the Bill Gates of  beauty and in contrast the star of Restoration although she is "rich" metaphorically - her interior life --- gifted with a good heart, a brilliant mind and a burning passion for her work.  She spends a lot of time with a really handsome security guard played by Jonathan Cake who is almost a living breathing David and the supporting cast was very good with a special nod for the  prof. and mentor played by Alan Mandell.

Well done and I have to say it one more time.  I LOVE CLAUDIA SHEAR!!!  She can play me anytime but she has to act a lot taller!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment