Sunday, May 30, 2010

Tila Tequila: Time to face reality -- by Nikky Raney




Today, Tila Tequila called herself a journalist on her blog. That was the last straw for me.


Somehow, Miss Tila finds a way to incorporate herself into every blog entry.


Recently she made this claim explaining how her blog is different than all the others:


"I now have MY OWN celebrity Gossip site too, and mine is actually MORE LEGIT, because I don’t put out lies and stories about celebrities trying to defame them by pretending to interview “confidential, unidentified “sources” as they(the media oulet) put it!) so anyway my heart just crushed into 2 pieces because they said some really nasty things about me that were not true at all, and of course as a “CELEBRITY GOSSIP BLOGGER” (and now that I’m in that world) It is a VERY competitive industry!!!! It’s VERY VICIOUS and those other “DIRTY BLOGGERS” as I would like to calll them, are SO DESPERATE to keep their traffic up, that they would write ANYTHING just to say that it was THEIR “EXCLUSIVE” and EXPLOIT and hurt celebrities when it’s not even true!"



I really never wanted to post a rude or judgmental post about anyone, but I think that enough is enough. I already wrote how there is a difference between blogging and journalism, but this is something that needs to be addressed.


Tila Tequila has blocked me from commenting on her blog, because of how critical I have been. This is not meant to be a hateful rant, but meant to inform and educate about what blogging is.


Tequila claims to run a celebrity gossip blog which costs so much money to run, but it is filled with articles that are about things that happened a few days prior. She also has a section called "hottie of the week" which she has updated five times in the span of 3 days. She has made herself "hottie of the week" three times.


"HAPPY PRE-MEMORIAL DAY! I NOW PRESENT YOU WITH THE “HOTTIE OF THE WEEK! GUESS WHO IT IS????????? I DON’T KNOW WHO SHE IS BUT DAMN SHE FINE! LMAOOOOOO!!!!! JK JK! I HOPE YOU ARE ALL HAVING A GREAT WEEKEND SO FAR! AS FOR ME? I’M JUST DOING THE SAME ‘OL SHIAT…. BLOGGING. REPORTING. JOURNALISM. LOL BUT I LOVE MY JOB! YAY! AND YOU LOVE IT TOO CUZ YA KEEP COMING BACK HERE TO READ WHAT’S NEW! YOU KNOW WHAT ELSE I ALSO LOVE? TYPING IN CAPS! LMAO!!!! KEEP IT FUNKY YO!"



I think that "celebrity blogging" needs to be redefined.

A celebrity gossip blog is a blog that is focused on celebrities, not on yourself. Posting "dear diary" posts is not about celebrity gossip.


She posted recently about Britney Spears having more twitter followers than Ashton, but this had already been talked about on May 23rd.


Journalism involves interviews, research, editing, and an assortment of things that her blog does not possess. From the numerous grammatical mistakes to the all caps of her titles, I cannot understand how she can call herself a blogger.


She calls herself a mogul as well.

She has recently decided to start an advice section on her gossip blog, but who wants to take love advice from someone who had two failed reality dating shows?


A celebrity gossip blog does not consist of that.

A celebrity gossip blog should have fresh stories and not just attack celebrities.


Tila's desperate attempts to get attention from celebrities is a bit insane. She says that Ke$ha is a "TIla wannabe." And that Hayley from Paramore is "trashy."


She says of Ke$sha:

"Anyway, you fail horribly trying not ONLY to steal my rap swag, and sound stupid while doing it cuz our mutual friend producer(I won’t put his name out on blast for the sake of our friendship but looks like it’s headed to an EX-FRIENDSHIP if he keeps stealing my swag and my writing skills and my sound!!! ughhh! So annoying!) Anyway Kosher, I mean Ke4sha or whatever your name is you fake, pre-packaged, once country singing, folk singer turned “TILA TEQUILA WANNABE” you need to fall back honey!"


and to Hayley she says:


"I SEE WE HAVE OURSELVES A NEW FAMEWHORE HERE PEOPLE AND HER NAME IS HALEY WILLIAMS! "


Her "open letters" to Lindsay Lohan are attempts to attract attention. If Tila truly wanted to help Lindsay and give advice she would have e-mailed or called her. Posting open letters on a gossip site that Lindsay Lohan will never read does not accomplish anything.


You would think all the negative comments that get "thumbs up" would be a sign, but it seems as though she just wants to do what she is doing without making any improvements.


I don't understand how someone could possibly be so delusional.


If you are going to label a story as "breaking news," you should at least post it the same day as it was reported by every other media site.


Writing about yourself in every single post does not contribute anything at all. No one wants to read about yourself. Make a diary if you want that, a celebrity gossip blog is supposed to consist of celebrity gossip, not your innermost thoughts and aspirations.


Tila has spoken about how other bloggers write about scandals and lies and attack celebrities, but she is doing the exact same thing.


"My site isn’t like that. My site delivers to you guys REAL stories and events that has happened and we just deliver the news to you as it is and add our opinions on the stories, just like YOU, the READERS, can state your opinion on each blog post of the news as it comes in…. But here at OMG, we NEVER go out and interview “RANDOMS” and say “HEY GUYS WE GOT THE FIRST EXCLUSIVE” and say nasty, horrible and TOTAL LIES and post it on my site!"


(photo courtesy of benny hollywood)


She consistently posts Twitter updates saying how much she is working on blogging, but then we see the author of the blog entries as "Tila Staff."


"FUCK THAT BITCH! I KNOW HER PERSONALLY AND JUST PUT EVERYTHING ON BLAST! READY FOR THE MAGIC BUTTON?"


"can't write a "Dear Diary" cuz it would be this: Dear Diary, I blogged until I couldn't blog anymore. passed out. woke up. now blog again!"


""alright guys. News is really slow this weekend... so I'm gonna post up some more of my exclusive celebrity dirt on bitches fucked w/me ok?"


She claims to have put her heart and soul into creating this gossip blog, but no one is buying it.


"Also I have spent every single dime that I have left in to building this site, paying the monthly costs, paying my OMG Staff, paying for all the accounts and all the other technical stuff I don’t want to bore you with but so far let me tell you I have spent a hefty amount of money building this site,"


Now, I don't know what staff she is speaking of, because every blog entry inevitably ends up being about her. And the lack of advertisement on her site makes it seem unrealistic. I paid 10 dollars for my domain name, and I can't imagine that it cost her much more for her own domain name. I do not know what "monthly costs" she is speaking of.


Didn't she just post in the first quote I showed, that she is being paid to do this. She claims that this is her job, but then she says that she is paying others. I wish she would just get her story straight.


I think that Tila needs to face reality, and realize the ways she has become what she claims to hate.


So Tila, as you sit on your high and mighty horse and truly believe and claim that you are unlike the others. I would like to point out that your actions speak louder than your words.


So I leave you with some quotes from Tila's "celebrity gossip blog." And I'll leave you to judge if this is "journalism" "reporting" or just bashing. Do these quotes express that Tila is following the standards that she has set for her blog?


"YEA THAT’S RIGHT BIAAAAAATCH! DON’T EVEN TRY TO GET CLOSE TO THE REAL “BADDEST BITCH ON THE BLOCK” CUZ YA ASS WOULD BE CRUSH IN A SECOND WITH YA COUNTRY/FOLK SINGING ASS TURNED “TILA TEQUILA” WANNABE! *SNAPS FINGERS* UH UH HONEY! NEXT!!!!"



"I have gone to these events many times but damn how fun would it be to totally change it up, and now since I have my Celebrity Gossip Blog, I can get a MEDIA PRESS PASS so I can INTERVIEW ALL THE CELEBS FROM THE OTHER SIDE THIS TIME!!!!!!!!!! OMGGGGGG THAT WOULD BE SO AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can’t wait to go there as “PRESS” and bring my film and camera crew and my own paparazzi crew to take exclusives for our site!!!!"


"I”m serious! This is beyond me. But hey. This is “NEW’s I guess????????? I don’t really think it’s news worthy however since I launched my site about 3 weeks ago, I haven’t yet done a Britney Spears Post, so I figured I would Do one today, and ironically, it’s not news at all! LOL.

Oh well, at least I have her in my archives now."


"Ok well this is a Miss Tila Hottie of the week THROWBACK PICture fro last summer!! Yap! This was me last summer………. Deamn times flies and peoplle sure do grow and change a lot right? I feel like a Totally different woman that I am today, then in this picture and the behind the scene video!"



"Plus Piggy, you are NOTORIOUS and KNOWN to talk shit about a celebrity one day, and then try to kiss their ass the next day! That is so sad! This is so pathetic, that I’m not even going to make fun of him anymore cuz that will be blood on my hands when he’s out of a job for real and although I like to joke, I don’t joke when it comes to serious subjects, such as Piggy Perez. I used to really not like that guy/girl/Diva but now, and I’m being TOTALLY SERIOUS when I say this, now I really and truly fill pitty and sorry for the guy."


"They Justice System went SOOOOOO EFFING EASY ON HER! I have TONS of friends from the past who had committed similar crimes as Lindz did but they actually went to jail for ONE YEAR AND ON TOP OF THAT THEY WENT TO EACH COURT DATE ON TIME EVERT TIME!! For Lindz to get off so easy with the REALLY criminal behavior she did, stealing someone’s car, coked up out of her mind, speeding down the highway, almost driving over some people, holding people hostage, I mean WTF!!!!!!!"



So my final words are. Here you go Tila, you are now getting the attention that you have been craving. And this is my final send off. This is the last thing I will write about regarding Tila Tequila. This is something that I needed to get out of my system.



Nikky Raney

The Future of Journalism

Here's my twitter


6 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:34 AM

    Yes Nikky,

    Most of us already have witnessed these things firsthand. Please understand that Tila pushed your buttons as well and provoked you into writing this. Just think of Tila as an out of control child who throws a tantrum when it is not recieving enough attention. She acts out through words as well as actions..anything it takes to be talked about or noticed. Since you can't bitch slap this out of control child the only other recourse is to ignore it completely.

    Good luck with your blog. I think you have a REAL future in journalism!

    Love from Geneva.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! She blocked me from commenting too, and one of the things I was gonna comment wasn't actually mean! I was saying how the girl who was asking Tila for help should get HERSELF help instead of writing a letter to Tila, because Tila can't do anything for her. I thought maybe it was because she has a censor for certain words but I kept changing the wording around in my comment and it was STILL rejected. If Tila wants to be a journalist, she needs to be able to handle criticism. Imagine if she were working for a newspaper... the EIC would not take any of her shit and vice-versa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:48 PM

    Excellent post. I like your calm objectivity. I'm a a big fan of some of the Tila-hating blogs, but sometimes I think they get too emotional with what they post....which is more than Tila deserves. She's fueled by that kind of "active hatred."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sad thing is Tila doesn't want to be a journalist. She just likes titles. She calls herself a "mogul" but recently just did a blog post that basically read "whoa is me I have to make all these tough decisions in my life."

    When you run a company you're forced to make difficult decisions every day. So essentially she's got what she wants (running an imaginary empire) but is complaining about how it's done. Why does a woman who herself admits she's broke need to hire a financial manager?

    Tila's life is a study in compulsive liars. She lies about the easiest of verifiable facts, the writes posts that say "I, me" and then labels them "Tila Staff". She twittered 4 lead ins to a blog and then when it posted she said that "someone had posted something she didn't want and deleted and fired that person." For someone who has a staff of 30 (down to 25 now) she's behind on any news that happens during the day when she's passed out.

    Also, have you ever noticed she doesn't mention traveling or eating on her twitter? She goes from blogging to sleep in seconds, so she's obviously blogging from home, with a staff of 25 in a 1 bedroom apartment. That's some sweatshop conditions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is perfect I was totally Amazed seeing the perfect and delicious body of Tila Tequila, I'd like to take her to my bed because she gets me crazy.

    ReplyDelete