Friday, October 15, 2010

T.I. Rapper Talks Suicide Man Down, Then Gets 11 Months For Prob Violation

Rapper T.I. can't catch a break. On Wednesday, the music star was a hero for talking down a would-be suicide man, today, he's sentenced to 11 months in jail for a probation violation he committed earlier this year, according to TMZ.com.

On September 1st, T.I. who also goes by T.I. and Clifford Harris, and his wife Tameka "Tiny" Cottle, were arrested for "felony possession of a controlled substance" at 10:18 PM. That arrest triggered the charge of a probation violation stemming from his 2009 arrest for gun possession.

T.I. had just completed a seven month jail sentence in 2009 for a charge of illegally possessing machine guns and silencers in 2007.

On Wednesday, T.I. talked down a man in Atlanta who was about to jump from a building where urban contemporary station V-103 operates from. T.I. heard about the incident on the radio, called V-103's Ryan Cameron, who asked him to come over and help. T.I. did and talked the man down.

But he can't catch a break. Some idiot put out the idea that the act was a phony publicity stunt. Rolling Stone reports the man's mother called the station to inform all that it wasn't that at all and T.I's involvement was real and valued.

You'd think the judge would give T.I. a break?

No. He sentenced the rapper to 11 months in jail. Although Davey D, over at Zennie62.com said that he did get a break; some observers thought he was going to get 10 years for the probation violation.

One day in jail, is one day too long.  And T.I. needs a better lawyer.

No comments:

Post a Comment