Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Extending UI Deadlines WILL NOT HELP the 99ers


Congress extending the UI deadlines this or any week will not help the millions of 99ers in America. Let’s be clear here: No bill under consideration in the Senate (Including Max Maucus’ proposed 1 year extension S3981) will help the 99ers unless it adds extra weeks of benefits - not simply extends filing dates.

It will be a blue Christmas for millions more Americans, if Congress does not pass legislation to extend current unemployment insurance provisions, which are set to expire today.

Nationwide, 800,000 more unemployed Americans will exhaust their benefits this week and 2 million additional unemployed in the U.S. will exhaust their benefits in December, according to the U.S. Department of Labor. That will bring the total of unemployed in America without UI benefits to about 8 MILLION. Of those, at least 5.4 million are people who are “99ers,” which are individuals who have received the maximum 99 weeks of benefits and are not eligible for benefits even if the emergency unemployment legislation is extended.

Most UI “exhaustees” are already experiencing hunger, eviction, depression and suicidal ideation. Many of us just keep on fighting until there is nothing left to fight with at all.

I am facing just this situation myself. Unable to find any job (including all the fast food places in my area) and exhausting my 99 weeks in March this year - I will be cut off from the fight by losing my phone and internet very shortly. If my articles suddenly stop, you will know what happened.

Many are considering giving up their children to prevent them from living in the streets. One such brave soul is Rhonda Taylor of Rhode Island.

Rhonda appeared on CNN’s Wolf Blitzer’s Situation Room yesterday and tells the 99er saga like no other before her. [view video below - bring a tissue]

Unless Congress gets off it’s over paid dead ass and helps the 99ers survive, then Washington will be guilty of the largest preventable social holocaust in history - because: Extending UI Deadlines WILL NOT HELP the 99ers. Only a Tier 5 will!

[The donation button below is for me, Paladinette. If you like what I write please donate so I can keep on fighting for the 99ers! Thank You!]







5 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:07 PM

    My son is a 99er..Lost everything including his home and vehicle...Sold everything he had and can't find any kind of job..He is willing to do anything..Moved in with me and I am now selling my posessions to help him out..People we know are living in the woods..whole families homeless.I cannot believe this is happening to people and the government refuses to help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:27 AM

    I don't know how but the media keeps reporting how extending the deadlines will help the 99ers, it's a matter of them not caring enough to even report the truth....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ignorance in the media on this 99er issue I used to think was innocent error BUT I now believe that this mis-information on their part is intentional censorship by the big money corporate sponsorship of these networks. PERIOD!

    NEWS - REAL NEWS must bee commercial free or it is automatically bias!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:53 PM

    It so sad because I've been homeless since August and moved in a secluded wooded lot living with the animls. I was ok up until a few weeks ago when it got cold, so now I'm living on the streets cold since the homeless shelters are full. We needed that tier 5 too happen months ago, but I will be happy too have it this month. My skin is horrible from not bathing, eating right. I never thought that I would be homeless for this long. I look for work every single day and all day and can't find anything. Nothing. No one is hiring from lack of people spending money or the fact that everyone can clearly look at me and tell from my state of dress and sad look on my face that I'm homeless. I don't think the Senator from Michigan had any real intention of helping the 99ers, I don't know what is in her head or mind, but I think she did it to pander. I was told way back late July or Early August 2010 she told Ed S. oh his show that the 99ers will get a bill passed in September 2010 when congress return from their break. Nothing even happen when they return and she didn't fight for 99ers, she did it, too make sure she has a job still. Anyway, life is not worth anything anymore. Sad and depress with no help in sight from congress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. To the last Anonymous poster:

    I am mortified by how Congress has allowed you and so many to suffer this way. I continue to pray for all jobless Americans ESPECIALLY the 99ers - as we are hurting so much.

    I do not know how to reach you but have forwarded this comment of yours to EVERY Stabenow staffer I have an email address for.

    I myself am in dire straights and continue to fight for as long as I still have the internet to help the cause. May God bless keep and save you - because the Congress could not care less about us or anyone who is NOT rich!

    ReplyDelete