Wednesday, February 02, 2011

American Idol Steven Tyler Apologizes For Puck Up Not Young Girl Flirting



Steven Tyler, one of the two newest American Idol judges next to J-Lo (Jennifer Lopez), was forced to make an apology for something he said to a contestant. But no, it wasn't for any one of flirtatious comments the rocker's made to underaged girls, but for a play on words.

Last week Tyler responded to a man named Jack Muck as he walked on to the stage for his audition in Austin, Texas. It was, er, gauche:

Tyler" "You know what Muck rhymes with, don't you?"

Jack Muck: "Duck."

Tyler: "Read my lips."

And that was it.

But with all of that, observers who bothered to chime in on the American Idol Forum didn't seem to be bothered by the incident or Tyler. Here's some of the posts:

I really did not know who Steven Tyler was, but definetely know his songs. Since watching this seasons Idol, I think he is the most funniest person! The comments he makes to the contestants are hillarious and it makes me laugh every time. He also seems sensitive to the contestants feeling as well which is a very nice side to him. Steven you definetely make a this years AI more enjoyable to watch!

I too am so impressed by the new feel of the show with ST and JLO. The show seems to send a much more positive message overall. Less making fun of bad contestants and more constructive criticism is a good thing and a very positive message to be sending out to the world! Thanks AI for making me proud. I like JLO a lot and love that she is tough and fair, but not mean. I am most surprised by Steven Tyler...my previous impression was a druggy Rock Star that makes nice music...now I think I'm in love! ST shows his great appreciation of music (even not so great music sometimes), offers positive criticism, shows his fun and goofy side, and what a sensitive and kind human being he is. You can't fake that kind of sincerity. I even googled him and found that he has been clean for many years! Congratulations ST on that huge accomplishment! I am once again a raving fan and hope ST is there for the duration! Still love you too, Randy!

Kudos AI!

From a 53 year old fan and mother of 4 in Tampa, Florida

I am so happy with the changes with American idol I really feel they did a great job replacing Simon with Steve Tyler and Jennifer taking the place of the other 3 which were Paula, Kara, and Ellen. Ellen had no business being there to begin with Paula always reminded me that she was on some kind of downers and Kara was boring... But I like Jenn better then the other 3 and Steve Tyler has got it. I love when I watch him and he closes his eyes to listen to them sing.... And the other night with Chris Medina really got to me I cried with his story and I cried when they all wanted to meet his girlfriend and I loved when Steve said he sings good because he sings to you everynight and when he hugged and kissed her I was totally in tears.. I feel like even Randy is happier now and I feel they really connect real well together... So losing Simon was actually a good thing and the other ladies also good..... So the Panel has my VOTE this season.....

Details aside, it's clear Steven Tyler's providing a new buzz-generating energy to American Idol. The question is where will it go, and will the producers like where it's going?

Stay tuned.






No comments:

Post a Comment