Monday, April 17, 2006

A Great And Happy Easter Sunday!

I had a great and happy Easter Sunday, even if I was more than a little sluggish.

It started out with good intentions in that I was either going to brunch with my friend Cherie and others or she and I were going to my friend KJ's party on Angel Island. Well, the rain played a role in that I thought it was going to terminate the island party, but didn't get word it was still on until late. By then, Cherie went to the brunch.

After I got the word, I kind of lazed around because I'd found the movie "The Wedding Crashers" which was funny, but weirdly paced. It was fast, fast, then slowed way down and kind of lost me in the change. Not constant at all.

The other thing that kind of stalled me as well, was the sight of this lovely athletic woman on Grand Avenue. Since I'm not seriously hooked up with anyone right now, I can report this with one word: Wow.

She was wearing just leotards and walking briskly toward Lake Merritt, cut and muscularly shapely legs pumping, and everyone was looking at her. It was hilarious. As she walked by I had to ask how she maintaned her body; "I do some of everything," she said. Boy, I'll say.

Ok. Enought of that.

The Angel Island party was too fun and afterward we went to a yacht club bar next to the Tiburon Cove where the ferries and boats come in.

Later than evening, Cherie and I saw Spike Lee's "The Inside Man." A totally excellent film, seen with a totally excellent person.

No comments:

Post a Comment