Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Do Black Women Support Black Female / White Male Relationships But Not Black Male / White Female?

More at Racialious: “Most Black women who I am close with approve of, and even cheer on, a Black female/White male interracial relationship. But one that’s the other way around evokes a feeling far less warm and fuzzy. For example, if Obama had been married to a White woman… eek. I’m sure we wouldn’t have been as quick to embrace him (and actually, I’ve talked with men and women of every color about this hypothetical situation, all of whom expressed a similar “cringe” - perhaps a topic for a different post).”

-- A great column. As one who's dated inter-colorially (I hate the term race) since I started dating, I predicted this years ago. What bothers me is that television shows more Black female / White Male pairing than for Black male / White female. Why? These images impact social development.

No comments:

Post a Comment