Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Unemployment benefits extension approved by Senate

More at Zennie62.com | Follow me on Twitter! | Get my widget! | Visit YouTube | Visit UShow.com

I was just informed that the U.S. Senate voted 98 to 0 to extend unemployment benefits for 20 weeks, which means those GOP Senators who were standing in the way of help for many Americans got the message and stopped being a road block to assistance, which they were as recently as Tuesday.

According to CNN, the benefits will be extended an additional six weeks for states, like New Jersey and California, where the unemployment rate is greater than 8.5 percent.

The measure now moves to the House for a floor vote, perhaps as early as Thursday. Then it goes to the White House for President Obama's signature.

2 comments:

  1. Ray Thompson3:56 PM

    Now that this bill has passed the senate and now will go to the house for final vote then to the President, who is covered by the passage of this bill it is only for those who have used or will loose all benefits before the end of this year or is it for everyone, I will loose my benefits my last extension in about 3 months does it mean I too will get an additional 20 wks here in California.
    Ray Thomposn
    Sacramento, Ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I understand it, it's for those, like yourself, who've lost or are in danger of losing, their benefits and as you're in California, it's for more than 20 weeks.

    ReplyDelete