Friday, January 01, 2010

Rush Limbaugh Press Conference: Limbaugh deals with mortality

Rush Limbaugh gave a press conference on his recovery from chest pains and in the process became more of a human being (he still has a long way to go.



Rush talked about something I totally understand, which is not taking one's health for granted and not believing one is invincible. I've got to admit, I love that Rush is back. Even though I disagree with his views, Rush Limbaugh is a major part of American Popular Culture, which I love.



His rise to communications broadcasting power, like that of TMZ.com, says a lot both good and bad about where American Media is going. First, I continue to hold that communications and Internet technology are making it easier for people to develop their own personal platforms. Moreover the entire system is a kind of "social mirror" to our changing society.

Rush is very much a part of that, and its really cool to see how this scare has (I think) changed him for the better. I saw where he had economist Walter Williams on his show as a fill-in while he was away on Wednesday. Williams is black, and while Williams has what I would call a "self-hating-black-person's" view of the World, his time On Rush Limbaugh's show is at least a small start in a good direction.

Now if Rush can learn to pay attention to African Americans who don't have issues with being African American, he will have grown into a full human being.

Stay tuned...

Topics this hour:

capital one bowl location, rose bowl stadium, daryll clark, ohio state football roster, brian boitano skating spectacular, buckeye tree, bobby orr, rose bowl live stream, rush limbaugh press conference, joe paterno

No comments:

Post a Comment