Monday, December 18, 2006

Rocketboom Fight on Yahoo! - Andrew Baron's Recap Of The Weekend Fight



Over at his blog Rocketboom creator Andrew Baron posted this response to the weekend online fighting with Amanda Congdon ....

Well, I feel as though it's a mess around here this weekend for sure. I just put my chain saw away and had a look around at all the damage.

I feel like I just lived through an epic war film.

This all started a long, long time ago.

When Amanda Congdon quit and went public with major attacks on my character, that was the hand I was dealt and most who know me know I didn't have the experience to deal with it.

And then I never really got to say my side of the story.

It's okay to say what you need to say, get it out and move on, but that didn't happen originally.

So this weekend, I finally set out to get it all out and off my chest and I did.

Over the last several months, I feel as though Amanda has misrepresented herself and has continued to speak out with personal attacks and so I became more and more effected by my own silence. Even today she is still making claims about "how I am" that are just meant to hurt me, in my opinion.

Most people probably don't know the details of what I have been going through, and they probably also feel as though it's still muddy and silly.

But I feel as though this weekend I have finally shown my side of the story. It's only one side, yes, but its mine and its been missing all this time.

That is, I feel as though I adequately showed that she (a) gave up and left, (b) took the projects with her, (c) has not been forthright about all of this information, and yes, (d) it is my position that she forfeited her share when she quit (which is why she said she was fired).

There is more to come and more to resolve but I have said all I need to say publicly on this topic.

All in all, this has been the most difficult year ever, and its also by far been the best.

For the first time in my life, Im really proud of what I have accomplished.

Im ready more than ever to take on 2007 and I expect it to be the best, most progressive year of my life.


That's a great outlook, but I think he should soften his views on Amanda. She's actually been his benefactor.

No comments:

Post a Comment