Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Senator John Kerry: Don't Do Homework, Get Stuck In Iraq

Senator John Kerry's being cooked by the PR goose for making a statement that at first glance seems hurtful. Kerry, a Massachusetts Democrat, told a college audience earlier this week that some young people might get "stuck in Iraq" if they don't make it through the educational system. While he's backpedaling on this, here's the video:



But is he wrong? When I was growing up the Military was where African American men went who really could not get it all together in the real world. So Kerry's remarks were familar to me; I grew up with them. "Get your education," was my Mom's mantra. She never wanted me to touch the military; never even suggested it. She never had to and I never considered it.

No comments:

Post a Comment