Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Twilight Fans Rule The World or just MTV Movie Awards - by Nikky Raney


I am trying to understand how Twilight beat out Avatar for the "best movie of the year."
I know I am a little late on posting this, but my 20th birthday was on June 7th, and I think I am allowed to take a break from blogging.

What bothered me the most about Twilight winning was the lack of enthusiasm on the part of Kristen Stewart & Robert Pattinson. The reason that Twilight won and beat out the other movies is undoubtedly due to the fans and the crazy popularity. I will admit, I liked the Twilight movies, but the movies were not better than some of the others in the category. Especially not any better than Avatar. Avatar was an amazing movie, and Twilight should not have beat that movie out.

When Robert and Kristen won the award for best kiss, I felt like they didn't really take it seriously. I felt like they "knew" they were going to win all the awards that they did. They expected to win. They weren't surprised

I was definitely not the only one questioning if Kristen deserved to win "best female performance," or if the only reason she won was because of the "twi-hard fans." Did it even matter if she performed terribly, the fans would vote her anyway right?

  • Zoe Saldana, Avatar - Zoe just used her voice. There was no body language to judge on. I don't even think she deserved to be nominated
  • Emma Watson, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - Emma does such a good job playing the wise yet annoying Hermione
  • Sandra Bullock, The Blindside - I haven't seen this film, but I hear it won some sort of award. I'm pretty sure MTV's 15-year-old audience could care about Oscars though
  • Amanda Seyfriend - Dear John - Ehhh. Lame movie. Haven't seen it, but the trailer looks terrible. This girl doesn't deserve it.

And I don't know if she truly deserved to win versus those. "I guess Twilight is really awesome and I agree..." That's how she accepted the award.

Aziz did an amazing job hosting. I was extremely entertained.

This blog is being written at midnight on June 10, EST time. (I am in New Hampshire, but please don't stalk me).
This is definitely not my best work, I have not been "in the zone" I have had "blogger's block," but let's hope that it goes away soon.

I will be doing more on Tila Tequila, because it is unacceptable for her to continue doing what she is doing. I am not a hater, I am someone who thinks that her lies need to be brought to light. I am going to make some videos with the help of one of Zennie's new bloggers, Josh Grattan. I am not trying to turn people against her or attack her in anyway, but I want people to see the lies that she has caused her fans to believe. I want to show what the truth is that has been hidden under the lies. I am amazed that her "fans" and "Tila army" Are willing to believe the lies that she has been letting flow from her mouth from the start. I used to really admire Tila, but after the suicide hoax, I am going to make sure my blog entries make a difference. I want to make an impact on the way she presents herself and the way others perceive her.

She is NOT a Mogul.
She has lied about everything, and this needs to come to an end.




Sighs.

I'll post more later.
I need some sleep.
Expect some more videos.

And I will finally do my Interview blog on THE FUTURE OF JOURNALISM. :)


P.S. Welcome new blogger "Josh Grattan!"



No comments:

Post a Comment