Friday, July 30, 2010

Flip Video Camera Mino HD v. Flip Video Camera Ultra camcorder comparison



I love the Flip Video Camcorders. They're the best devices ever created for the video-blogger. And now, thanks to Lila King at CNN, I have two of them: the Flip Video Camera Mino HD and the Flip Video Camera Ultra.

They're different cameras, but the assumption is that the Flip Video Camera Mino HD is the better one because it's high-def. No, not the case. I've found that the Flip Video Camera Ultra is actually better in video quality than the Mino HD. Take a look at these two videos I created:

This video interview with David Glanzer, the Marketing and PR honcho for Comic Con, was created with the Mino HD:



This video of the cast and crew of Hatchet 2 was created with the Flip Video Ultra:



See the difference? I think in the Mino HD the colors are a bit sharper, but the overall pixelization doesn't seems to be as good as with the Ultra. And the Ultra has two hours of time, whereas the Mino has just one, but I think a large model is available.

What I like about the Mino is that I don't have to worry about batteries, but then I have to make sure I have my computer to charge it. In all, I think of both of them as my dynamic duo of camcorders.

Oh, and Flip had nothing to do with my video or this blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment