Saturday, December 15, 2007

Jodie Foster Thanks Her Female Partner In Public, Thus Highlighting a 14-Year Lesbian Relationship

Jodie Foster received the Sherry Lansing Leadership Award and in giving her speech matter-of-factly thanked her partner of 14 years Cydney. In doing so Foster said indirectly what I thought many knew anyway, so I'm suprised it's news.



I've always thought Ms. Foster was not just a terrific actress, but a true lady. I actually met her in 1993 when she walked into a crowded and sunny Pier 23 in San Francisco unknown to the throng, then there was me. Foster walked by and through the crush of people, then stopped; as she did, I took notice.

So I whispered "Ms. Foster. May I have the honor of buying you a cocktail?" Her response was very nice: "Thanks so much. But we're not staying long at all; I'm just looking for a friend. Thanks." And with that, they left -- her and another woman -- after just 7 minutes of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment