Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Oakland Purse Snatching October 23 early evening - Lee Street

More at Zennie62.com | Follow me on Twitter! | Get my widget! | Visit YouTube | Visit UShow.com

I saw this over at the Yahoo Group Message Forum called "Adams Point Action Council". I posted it because the person who did this is still at large in the area. I did not make any corrections to the note so as to preserve its authenticity.

Hi Neighbors,

Last Friday night I heard a woman yelling (in a serious way) and my husband and I went out (as did quite a few of our neighbors) and found that a woman who was walking with her young child had had her purse snatched. No weapons were seen but he did push her down as he grabbed the purse. Another witness corroborated the account that it was a young african american man wearing a white t-shirt and a black hoodie (but not pulled up over his head). The victim had noticed something odd about him just before but thought he was just going to ask her for money. The police came out and took the report but the guy had disappeared down Vernon St.

Be careful and aware of your surroundings. This didn't happen late at night (I'm guessing it was about 8PM) and there were people out and about. Luckily she and her child are OK but it's never a "pleasant experience" to be mugged.

Name out

No comments:

Post a Comment