Sunday, September 12, 2010

VMA's: Eminem and Rianna Sing "Not Afraid/Love the Way You Lie (Live)"



Eminem and Rianna memorably sing "Not Afraid/Love the Way You Lie (Live) at the Video Music Awards. It's a song about an abusive relationship.

Since I've known one too many women who seemed addicted to such relationships (not with me because I'm good at running away from them), it's a hard song for me to listen to because it, to a degree, seems to romanticize such pairings.

While their song is moving, the only annoying aspect of the entire video is really that it's an MTV series of them all smushed together so they run as one long go without a break. MTV is not kind to its online viewers.

I'll get to that via another example, down the blog roll.

1 comment:

  1. Aw, this was a really great post. In theory I'd like to write like this also - taking time and real effort to make a good article... but what can I say... I procrastinate alot and never seem to get something done.

    ReplyDelete